Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Biological Clock

Today's post is about The Biological Clock. I have reached the age where friends say, "my biological clock is ticking" and have gotten upset when I say, Really, I don't hear anything.

I haven't even heard my own. I am about a day late and a dollar short on that. Friends tell me that my clock should be ticking as loud as Big Ben right now. Wait.... nope, nothing, no ticking.

A few made me feel that something was really wrong with me because my biological clock never
ticked or went off like fire alarms.

Nope never experienced that and I guess I am about a year or two late for it even if I wanted to hear it now.

I went to the doctor because they had me thinking something was wrong with me because my uterus bells never sounded off like an air horn. I don't know maybe I was too busy at work to hear mine. One of them recently sent a link telling me,  I could go to a doctor and have it delayedDelayed? Really? No thanks, I'm gonna pass! I guess that is an option, women want and have these days, but why would I want to do that? 

Who wants to be in their sixties and seventies and worried they'll have an oopsy? Who wants to be that lady saying, "Oh crap! I hope my Medicare Part A and B will pick that up!"

Oh yeah, not me no way no how. I'm just gonna pass Go and collect that $200 now. I have figured out why I feel the way I do and I didn't need to pay thousands of dollars to a doctor to delay anything.

 For the first four years that I was married, I was pregnant for 27 of those months. Before I celebrated the seventh anniversary I was up to four screaming, crying babies, toddlers, and pre-schoolers. Sometimes they screamed and cried all at the same time. At seven years and four infants and waking up at night with screaming crying babies needing fed and changed and Lord who can forget those late night baby poo's at two in the morning that filled an entire sleeper when all I wanted to do was get some sleep. I can't forget to include all those nights staying up all night with a sick or colicky baby. Oh, those years were a blast weren't they? The terrible two's lasted into the 90's. Three of my kids went through the terrible two's together and boy wasn't it a riot when I learned that the terrible two's doesn't mean they are over it at three. It can often last until they are four and I had one that drug that out. I was the only one in the house not allowed to show it if I was feeling bad or sick. The one and only time that happened, my then three-year-old drank a glass of 409.

Six years ago and twenty-seven years later the last of my birdies had flown from the nest. I was still young enough to party like it was 1999. We don't want to be one of those couples in our late sixties/early seventies raising a teenager. No way no how! These are going to be the years when we will just be starting to enjoy our hover round chairs! Delay the biological clock? Not on your life! My kids are all grown up and on their own now and I can legally lock my doors and screen my phone calls!

Resource
Delay the biological clock?
Posted to the 2013 A-Z Blog Challenge
pic credit: I made it using RottenECard 
©Gossip_Grl

No comments:

Post a Comment