Friday, January 31, 2014

Menopause For Dummies

I went browsing the ole Google search tip line for books on Menopause with tips on how to manage this stage of life unsure of just what keywords would work best and I stumbled across a book called Menopause for Dummies.

Wait do we really need a book with a title like that? 

There is so much in life that can be planned. Menopause has no set guidelines. no set of plans or even rules. Now, it would have been so much easier if I was born with the guidebook to the menopausal years, but I wasn't.

This part of life just sneaks up on you when you are least expecting it. Ladies, there is no way of telling when the next mood swing, or hot flash or other symptom is coming. Some days it happens two at a time and well if it were so the hubby would have days marked on the calendar. A big plus for this book is- set down for this one ladies this book was actually written by a woman, imagine that?

I found a book that is not written by a man trying to decipher some Code of Menopausal Women telling us how we should act, feel or look. That amazed me and my curiosity of course
forced me to dig deeper. Interesting enough a section from the book is called, "What To Expect, When You are Expecting- Menopause"Well what do you know!

"Although every woman is different, the average American woman hits menopause at age 51, so women spend the last third of their lives as postmenopausal."-excerpt from the book

Are you freaking serious? I spent the first half of my life getting here, and the rest will be dealing with all of this? 

Yeah, so this is seriously cutting into my lifespan folks. I was browsing the online book and hubby suggested that I try to find the chapter with the Rules of Menopausal Behavior. 

This is the help section that he is interested in reading about since he has set up a new rating scale for me on the 1-10. One, of course, is mellow; Ten being I will rip your freaking head off.

Honey, there are no set rules for this. 

So until he can find a help guide like that, he will continue coming home armed, with flowers, chocolates, Vitamin D and a large cup of ice from the convenience store as gifts and truces, He calls them, "just in case." 

I was also blessed with a reality this week: Recently while visiting my mom I was looking through one of her photo albums. In the very last pages were pictures of, well I didn't know what they were so I asked her because to me, it looked like unidentified UFOs or something. Uh, nope- she tells me that they are pics of her last few colonoscopies. WTH!!! Is that a point we get to with this? Where we are adding and sharing colonoscopy pictures in the family photo album? Is that what menopausal ladies do when they stop attending Tupperware Parties? Oh yay!!!

pic found @Google Images Menopause For Dummies

© 2014 Gossip_GrL

2 comments:

  1. I hope my mother never does that. It's enough that I get to hear about her bathroom problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your mother doesn't either. :) Shoot I was horrified finding that among the pictures in that album. My mom is getting up in her years and has trouble remembering with some dementia and there I was questioning her filing system. :)

      Delete