Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Campaign: #StopBirthdaysNow

This post is a reposting. Does anyone else get the feeling that some of the stuff we read on Facebook these days is absolutely crazy? Why does Facebook even think that crap is news?

I feel that way especially with some of the stuff that comes across my news feed lately. It is what Facebook thinks I'd be interested in reading. Right now I am interested in hitting the delete Facebook button. This thought often lasts for a day or more.

I first started Facebook to keep in touch with family who lives out of state. Then came the co-workers. Then came the friends. Then came the game requests. Then the friends of friends who play those games seeking requests and free crap. Then came the creepers peeping. It's madness I tell ya!

Then one day came the nonsense early Monday morning.

Some of the craziness I have read lately on social network feels like that moment when someone totally trashed shows up four hours late to the party. It's a buzz kill I tell ya. That is how I felt over another campaign with the pound sign.  How do you even reply to things that sound so absurd?

Well, I figured it was time to start my own campaign. To stop birthdays now. Wait that should read hashtag stop birthdays now. Or something! Whatever they are doing with the pound sign thingy these days.
#STOPBIRTHDAYSNOW and #BIRTHDAYSKILLPEOPLE
With yet another birthday on the horizon not the near horizon, but close enough these are the years that the thought of another one scares the living crap outta me. Why do we have to have one each year anyway? Just the thought of having another one offends me. It is coming to the time when I cannot lie about my age anymore. It means I am getting older, closer to you know... The End. We must stop them immediately! Continuing birthdays kill people!
©Gossip_Grl 

5 comments:

  1. "Trending" yesterday in my Facebook feed was the fact that one of the younger Kardashian kids was wearing something scandalous to some event. I thought just that, "Really? That's trending?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the menopausal years so I guess I look at things a lil differently. Social networking doesn't help in the frustration category. Reading the FB newsfeed is frustrating especially when FB decides the crap that they think I would like to read.

      Delete
  2. I'm in!!! They must be stopped. And the more I read these things, the more happy I am that I deactivated FB lol

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! The more the merrier. You are one of the lucky ones that got out. I keep saying it, but never do delete it. :/ I should though!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you, girlfriend! Let me tell ya: these past two days I got two "Happy Birthday" messages - one on facebook, one via text. People, my birthday isn't til Saturday...don't remind me now. Don't remind me before Saturday, and don't remind me ON Saturday. I'm ready to RT the heck out of this hashtag. Thank you. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete