Friday, June 6, 2014

Reality Barbie: An Evolution of Time

Image sent to my Facebook
This favorite repost of an April A-Z post from 2011. Barbie will be fifty-five years old this year.

Wouldn't it be nice to just once find Barbie has evolved with her age? You know to find her on the shelves just as menopausal as I am every day.

To find her once perky breasts now sagging because she never wore a bra. Her lovely blond hair now gray. Her face showing a little age with crows feet at the corner of her eyes. It would be nice to find her with the slowing metabolism and just as out of shape struggling at the gym. Oh I know I would! It is about time Mattel. All
kinds of wonderful thoughts came to mind about this Reality Barbie (I know, that scares me too!)

Remember how we grew up with Barbie? I had several Barbies myself. My Ken had fuzzy hair not the plastic kind like today's Ken. My Barbie once dated GI Joe for a couple of weeks until my uncle who was just a couple of years older than me found out I had swiped him from his room and was carrying him in my Barbie case. Boy did he get mad and accused Barbie of giving his GI Joe cooties. 

While I have aged, Barbie stayed the same. Damn you Barbie. Well, imagine if Barbie has decided to go in the direction of reality with Menopause Barbie?

Imagine the accessories that she would come with; several heads that show what type of mood swing she is having possibly one different head for each day! I have some suggestions for this Reality Barbie. She should come with Hormone Replacement Therapy, bifocals, a gym membership. Her lovely evening gowns replaced with moo moos in several different colors. She will have to trade that pretty pink corvette in for a hover round scooter. Over time they will add several to the Reality Barbie Collection like Mood swing, Hot flash, bitchy and bloaty Barbie. It would be hard to choose which of these lovely ladies to put into my collection.

Resources
Image was sent to my Facebook 
© 2011 Gossip_GrL

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Her boobs would droop down to her ankles too, that b*tch! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious! :) Barbie will be 55 y/o and still wearing the clothes of a 20 y/o YET when I at 50 walk into Victoria Secrets to shop I get stared at! Well at least the sales girls haven't asked me if I am lost yet!

      Delete