Thursday, March 20, 2014

An All Natural Approach To Menopause and Menopause Remedies

When I started into the menopausal spiral years I suddenly saw the dollar signs in my docs eyes and heard, "Ka-Ching" one visit long ago.

It was then that I decided that I would not be a guinea pig of nature or maybe I should have said that meant that I would not be taking anything related to HRT/hormone replacement therapy.

I then went to the health food store to seek advice for a homeopathic approach. You don't have to take my word for it, but menopause is a natural thing that happens to all women since Eve the first woman. I am still not sure how an appointment to discusssome matters related to menopause could end with scripts being written for depression. Why is this wonderful moment in time assumed that menopausal women are automatically depressed?

I went through childbirth four times without taking anything for pain so I know I can do menopause pain-free for crying out loud.

There are several all natural products on the shelves that have worked for me. I have tried both Estroven and Remifemin. The one that I decided on is called
Remifemin
Is Estrogen free
It is a safe alternative to hormone replacement therapy for menopausal symptoms (and cheaper at $14 a box which is a months supply vs $100/month)
Delivers relief of 
Hot flashes, Night Sweats, and Mood Swings
This product is:
Completely hormone free and is a safe alternative for women who cannot take estrogen Remifemin has shown a 70% reduction in night sweats, hot flashes, and irritability
Remifemin contains Black Cohosh which is an herb.
I know there are risks in taking any product but when I read all the risks of taking Premarin and taking Black Cohosh I will take my chances with an herbal product. I did notice a reduction in night sweats after starting Remifemin.

Other herbal supplements the menopausal ladies are using to bring menopausal relief:

Wild Yam, Progesterone Cream and Menopause Support Some women are choosing this herbal supplement as an alternative to taking HRT. One of the reasons some women chose this supplement is because it aids in the production of our bodies natural estrogen.

 Here is a link that may help to understand some questions regarding using progesterone creams
 Soy Isoflavones and DHEA are two other supplements that menopausal women are turning to.

Other Menopausal Supplements
Dr Oz Menopausal Survival Guide

Proper diet, nutrition, and exercise help and are important as well as meditation as well as a good
multivitamin. I personally take a Prenatal Vitamin daily. I've heard of ladies who are going for acupuncture treatments to help with menopause relief.

It is important to remember that works for one lady may not work for every female. You need to know what your own body is needing or lacking. No one knows your body better than you do. Some women say they got through menopause without even noticing the changes while others are not so lucky. Do your homework by Internet Searches or if you want to choose an all natural alternative visit a health food store or talk to someone who is knowledgeable in homeopathic and alternative medicines.

These are some of the supplements that I take. This, of course, doesn't mean that everyone should run out and take them because we are all different. I decided on a holistic approach which may not be the best thing for everyone. This post is not intended to give medical help. 


© 2014 Gossip_GrL

No comments:

Post a Comment