Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Astrology of Aging

Last year I participated in the April A-Z Blog Challenge on another blog. I am still in the process of moving my menopause posts from there to this blog. My theme that year was Aging... Gracefully or at least fighting it all the way which is what I did except that month. poked some fun at growing a little older. For letter A it was about The Astrology of Aging. I decided to call it that mainly due to the fact that
when I was searching Google specifically for Signs of Aging I found a little image laying it out that appeared as astrology. Is it possible? Is Aging really in the stars? Is it astrology?

There are many signs besides what doesn't hurt is falling and drooping; each of them will sneak up on you when you aren't paying attention. Other signs include that television commercial with Alex Trabec, "If you were born in 1975, I'd like to discuss this matter of death benefits with you so your family doesn't have to worry when you're gone."

Thanks, Alex!

At least let me try and solve a puzzle first.

That commercial is only one of the many reminders that each year we just get a little closer to the end- happy thoughts! Thanks to that commercial, I can't watch the game show Jeopardy anymore without thinking about it!

Another A Letter reminder you will get in your forties, well about age 49 to be exact is one day outta the blue you open your mailbox to find your A.A.R.P. enrollment in the mail. Just how the hell did they know you just hit that magical number?

Aging and Astrology- My birth sign is My hair used to be so thick and luxurious! Hallelujah, it still is and likely due to the Pre-Natal Vitamins the doc has me on.

Just like the signs and the stars change frequently, so do the signs of aging. Physically my star's are not aligning with anything in particular. Today I am somewhere between Achy Breaky Back and bad knees and since I am now on a daily regimen of Tylenol Arthritis Pain Relief and no doubt pretty close to the day they tell me, knee replacement. It could be worse though, I could be asking my doc if I am healthy enough for sex!

Aging... Folks it is in the stars! So what is your aging sign? 

Resources for this post:
Image Astrology of Aging Commentsmeme. com
Rotten E Card was made by me
©Gossip_Grl

No comments:

Post a Comment