Friday, August 22, 2014

Life In The Middle Ages

This is a reposting of a 2013 post for the April A-Z Blog Challenge Life and Living in the Middle Ages. Life in the Middle Ages is kind of confusing if you ask me. 

For instance, retirement is still years away and most of us feel we will never get to enjoy retirement years;  yet we are old enough to know better. Don't you think it's a bit confusing?

Also Just when is a person too old to wear a Hooters T-Shirt or to get a tattoo?  Do we get too old to wear Levi's Jeans for Pete's sake?

I ask because my sister went out and bought me three pairs of jeans.... with elastic waistbands and several polyester pantsuits. Really!

Well, I'm not ready to give up my Levi's yet. She got upset when I told her to take them back. Apparently and according to her "they are more fitting for folks in my age group." I love my sis, but really! Why should it really bother anyone what I wear? Is there a group of conspirators that make up the wardrobe?

Another fact of life and living in the middle ages I've noticed is that suddenly we find that our brain to mouth feature slows down or gets broken completely. Stuff comes out before I have a split second to think; which almost caused quite a stir at the local 7-11 and upset my sister over apparel.

Sometime in the middle ages, wisdom comes. It happens out of the blue almost like one day you wake up with Wisdom. I'm not sure but it could be fueled by life experiences. Suddenly there are things you notice that make no sense like the day I read a story that  Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches are now being seen as racism!

Wait! Who has the time to think this shit crap up?

I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I also enjoy eating the following peanut butter sandwiches: p/b with jalapenos, p/b with olives, p/b with pickles and one of my most favorites... peanut butter, Nutella, mayo and banana sandwiches.

I have never heard that I was racist while eating any of my sandwiches. Now... I have been told that I am a bit f^@$'d up for eating that crap. Peanut butter is the main staple in my house. I also carry a jar in my bag because no restaurant carries it as a table condiment and I love it on a lot of other things I eat. Is that confusing to you? You better watch out, confusion is one of the signs of aging!

These middle ages is also where I spend so much of my time trying to figure out how to bring sexy back if only I could remember where I put it in the first place. Of course, my hubby is always reassuring me, but is it really enough? For some reason, I now spend too much time worrying that every little quirk is a midlife crisis.

I never thought that the one sentence to the song, "Help me make it through the night" would actually be the words in my nightly prayer.

:©Gossip_Grl :

No comments:

Post a Comment