Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kicking The Bucket List

No More!
This is a reposting of a 2013 April A-Z Blog Challenge post. I decided to blog about Kicking the Bucket Lists. I noticed that after the movie, The Bucket List came out in theaters everyone everywhere started doing their own bucket lists. I swear, for a while, I thought it was a requirement for A.A.R.P or something.

I don't know why. I guess because I kept reading so many lists that I just thought we all had to have one. My question is, Can this be used as a bargain should the grim reaper show up too early? Maybe I could say, "Wait I haven't finished my list yet" 

A few lists of books they want to read, but almost every one I read listed,  I want to travel through Europe which made me realize that I really, really need a vacation. Not a fancy one, just one that my kids cannot call me every 5 minutes asking when we are coming home.  No, seriously I have had my kids call me in the middle of the night. When I answer the phone they ask, "What you doing?" 
Hello... it's night time I was sleeping. I'm old now and that is what old people do at three in the morning....sleep. 

Then if that isn't bad enough they will say "I'll just call you back in the morning" 
Wait! What? Oh, hell no scooter you already woke me up and I have to pee now. 
If it was something important or an emergency that'd be something different, but we're not talking about that, oh no! Not my kids. They then say, "I just called to see what you were up to?"  
At 3 AM seriously? I doubt it. Then when I am riled up they have the nerve to get all mad at me because I am in a pissy mood. Does that make sense? It sure doesn't to me. OMG! Folks, I want a real Calgon vacation package! Getting away from my kids would be at the top of my list!

Other things I would include: 
  • I want to go fishing without worrying that a snakehead fish will come out of the water and attack me. 
  • I want to go camping without fear of a chupacabra attack. 
  • I'd like to once have a regular family get together without worrying that because of their drunken redneck antics, we will all be featured on the nightly news. 
Then, of course, the smaller things like...
  • After looking at my watch for the fifth time, I'd like to remember why I keep looking at it in the first place.
  • I don't care what comes after blue-ray, I'm not upgrading anymore. 
  • I want to answer the door carrying a Gin bottle filled with Sprite
  • I want to walk up to someone in a fast food restaurant with a pad and pencil and ask them why they wanted fries with that
  • While at the checkout line talk in the third person
  • Set in traffic and drink blue Gatorade out of a Windex bottle
  • Fill a mayonnaise jar with vanilla pudding and eat it just to see peoples reaction when I do.
I am all for kicking the bucket lists and in with discovering what the answer is to Victoria's Secret.

©Gossip_Grl 

No comments:

Post a Comment