Friday, July 18, 2014

Doctors, Drug Companies and The Aging

pic from www.minniepauz.com
Today's topic is Docs, Drug Companies and the Aging. So, I am one of the folks who unfriended my doc on Facebook. On, no we just aren't close like that anymore. Maybe it is just me, but it feels like I somehow hit some magical age in the ozone and when I sought out a medical consult my doc no longer sees me as a live human person. He looks at me with the biggest brightest dollar signs in his eyes. I have heard caching after my name is called to go back to see the doc. Let me tell you that somewhere between the mid-forties to 50 and up should you seek a consult with your doc this will be the time when your doc will introduce you to his friends, pharma companies. Then one day you log into your email or onto Facebook and they all want to friend you. They suddenly become your next
best friend. I went to the doc because of perimenopause symptoms (already mentioned in my earlier posting) and we ended up talking about the doc and male pattern baldness. From a discussion about PreNatal Vitamins and male pattern baldness he concluded I needed to be on hormones and threw in some antidepressants for giggles and laughs. I came to the conclusion that day that
1. women have been dealing with this issue since Eve, and
2. I have eaten enough food filled with hormones and steroids over my lifetime to take care of anything ailing me
that I was choosing a more alternative direction with an all natural approach to this time in my life. Everything was going good until hormones, menopause and mother nature have a way of messing up sleep patterns and at the suggestion of my friends off I go again to see the doc for some help. I know I should have known better because I am still trying to figure out how I went to consult about this lack of sleep stuff, got a pelvic exam and from that exam it is determined that I need to be on some sort of sleep medication with free packs of Ambien. Amazing! I left confused. I mean did my pelvic exam channel into Madam Cleo or something?

To make a long story short, I immediately took the doc off my buddy list, removed him from my speed dial and am taking my chances with Melatonin. So recently as in the past two weeks hubby carries in the mail and in an envelope addressed to me is an invitation to participate in a sleep study and aging. WTH is up with that? It is pretty obvious that my doc entered my name in a crazy never tried before the study or did my uterus channel those doctors too? In that case, come on Publishers Clearing House! Oh just in case you are wondering, I threw the envelope away.

Resources for this post:
pic credit: Minniepauz

©Gossip_Grl 

No comments:

Post a Comment