Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Empty Nest Is A Quiet Nest

pic credit: bluntcards.com
Today my post is about The Empty Nest. When you are finished reading I am hoping you will still want to come back to read the rest of my postings.

You see, The Empty Nest has sparked arguments and some controversy in my little circle of friends.

When my last little birdy left our nest a friend asked, "oh my what are you going to do now?"

 I said, "well for starters I'm changing all the locks on the doors!" She didn't talk to me for six months! I know some women have the opposite feeling
but I am so enjoying this time. I love the quiet nest. No more fighting kids that I need to come to the rescue and threaten. Oh no, my kids are all over the age of 20 and I can tell them, "I will break your arm off and beat you with it" without fear of the child services people coming in. The word grandparent entered the vocabulary at my nest when I was 40. My youngest son was still in high school then. I told him, "Look you know this is going to be a lot different than the time you brought home a stray kitten, right?"

Folks, if I would have allowed it I would be that mother with a lazy ass son Jeffey with no job squatting living in the basement. Oh no! My empty nest just has the hubby and myself now and the Chihuahua. We never knew what a quiet evening at home was like until they left. We didn't go out much without having to pay what equaled a college tuition to pay for a babysitter. After all of these years I can now have a rainy day fund which has about $20 left in it because the cost has living has went up to match the national debt. The biggest most noticeable thing is when all the kids moved out they took I don't know and I didn't do it with them!

The kids still come back for visits and the grand kiddies visit, but when they leave, it is back to being quiet here! Now, my kids still have this thing of arguing with each other and then calling me up and trying to drag me into their sibling squabbles sprinkled with drama and when they are all here together visiting has turned into arguments and fights and when that happens something of mine normally gets broken just like the good old days. Really... I like my quiet nest!

Resources for this post:
pic credit: Blunt Cards
originally posted as a 2013 A-Z Blogging Challenge

©Gossip_Grl 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the empty nest syndrome. Its another cycle of life and it should be a good one. Unfortunately, I still hear the I don't know and I didn't do it from my husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy it! Now that you mention it I think the hubby has tried that a time or two and I have to remind him it is just us and the dog! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm far from that point, but I only have one child so there's no drama. However, I do understand how crazy it can get with a houseful of kids. Enjoy your freedom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have four kids and 10 grand kids so the house can get full quick. :) I am definitely enjoying it, especially when they all go home. :)

      Delete