Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Junk In The Trunk and The Slow Metabolism

Reposted from the 2013 April A-Z Blogging Challenge My topic today is about the slowing metabolism or what I like to call, Junk In The Trunk. Whether or not we like it sooner or later it happens to all of us.

One day we are fit, active and thin and then wake up to what just happened to my figure? 

One crumb from our favorite dessert goes right to our derrièreIn my twenties, thirties
and early forties I was physically fit. I exercised regularly and was able to eat things that weren't really good for me. Now, I can gain five pounds just by looking at my favorite cheesecake.

The only time I packed on some pounds was when I was pregnant and even then, by the time they were 3-4 months old I was back to pre-pregnant weight and well on my way to getting my figure back.

In the 80's and 90's, I had so much energy, mainly having to run after young kids but I had lots of energy. I'm talking about the get-up and go kind of energy- when you only have 3-4 hours of sleep, you get up, go to work and can still hustle through your day.

Folks, it's happened. That get up and go has got up and gone. I used to love going to the gym to work up a good sweat until I injured my knee, now I'd just rather spend happy hour taking a nap. I was told to do low impact exercises.

When they said that pizza was a vegetable, I jumped with joy! Hey Now! Just when I am enjoying this new found knowledge that pizza is a vegetable, they come out and want to take away my Big Gulps.

I wonder, what studies were done to determine that pizza was a vegetable. Hmmm... I've learned, pizza is the enemy! In all seriousness though, as we get a little older it does become a little harder to maintain that girly figure doesn't it? This one is a biggy for me! I have 10 more pounds to lose and I swear it feels as if I've been working at this forever.

©Gossip_Grl 

No comments:

Post a Comment