Monday, September 24, 2018

The Mid-Day Crisis

google image
I am working on a couple of topics to blog about. Until then this is a reposting of an old A-Z post from April 2012 for the letter M. 

Most of us already know that no effort is needed to cause a mid-day crisis. 


The midday crisis is just one of the things about this time in life that reminds of the menopausal hormone roller coaster. On this roller coaster, you don't even have to be this big to be a part of it. This post sort of goes along with, Flirting with forty-something. 


This ladies, is the picture of a mid-day crisis, well mine anyway.


I have to admit that I can have one of these at least several times a day. Is it any wonder though that someone would have a midday crisis? All of the signs, the signals, and the reminders that Mother Nature throws out there on any given day. 

Sometimes just a walk past a mirror can cause one. “Mirror, mirror on the wall, SHUT UP!!” 

Maybe it is just the thought that this process is inevitable. It is something out of our control. Mother Nature is telling me loudly, “You know can't-fool me, fool!” 

I know there is no way I could ever win an argument with her, I can’t even fool her these days. I don't try. I also have those moments that creep up of, “Dear Lord, that parking placard is not that important.”

I wonder if this is the period that the movie stars get to in life and just lose it entirely? They then go through those crazy extreme rituals that become late night infomercials, searching for the Fountain of Youth? Joan Rivers is a very good example. I saw her in a commercial and thought ‘OMG She has had so much surgery she now looks like a ventriloquist dummy.’ 

Ugh, I will pass on plastic keep fighting it all the way. Oil of O’Lay please do not fail me now. A part of life is screaming, “OMG just imagine the discounts you are going to get now” after receiving my AARP card on one birthday. 

Covering my ears I say, “La, La, La, can't hear you. Just shut up!” Signs that reality starts to sink in. 

Why does Mother Nature pick these certain times of the day to send reminders? Does she somehow get amused over the midday crisis? Mine anyway. 

At night, a quiet prayer, “Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my shape I’ll keep!” I am often reminded of the wise words of my grandson who when aged seven said, "Awww shoot grandma, you're not old at all. I've seen 'em older." Out of the mouths of wise babes.

pic found @Google Images

©Gossip_Grl 

No comments:

Post a Comment